Legendary Afro-Cuban percussionists Francisco Aguabella, Candido Camero and Carlos “Patato” Valdes gathered this past week to celebrate fellow Conga Master Ray Barretto’s 75th birthday at New York’s famed Blue Note. This rare event, organized by impresario Charles Carlini, featured some of New York’s leading jazz and Latin musicians including Eddie Palmieri, Nicky Marrero, Myron Walden, ...
- Bassist and vocalist Casey Abrams to Embark on Spring Tour in Support of Latest EP
- Singer Fleurine Gets Overdue Ovation
- Internationally-revered Trumpeter Wallace Roney Leads an Inspiring Group of Contemporary Jazz Trailblazers on New Album, Blue Dawn-Blue Nights
- Soul Icon Marvin Gaye gets a New Stamp, a New Album on 80th Birthday
- Jazz-Rock Keyboardist Brian Auger To Embark On A Spring Tour